Volunteer at a shelter for refugees in Utrecht
Hosts for evening shifts at a shelter for refugees
Do you want to help vulnerable people who do not have a residence permit? Are you an outgoing person, do you have a strong personality and are you looking for volunteer work in the evening? Then our position of evening volunteer at our shelter for undocumented migrants is definitely something for you!
In the Weerdsingel shelter, we accomodate a maximum of 20 people who do not legally reside in the Netherlands. As a volunteer you make a valuable contribution to the care of a group of vulnerable people who have no other place to go.
- You work in a team of two volunteers.
- In evening shifts from 6.45 pm to 10.45 pm.
- You create a nice ambiance.
What, where and when?
As a volunteer you will work evening shifts together with a fellow volunteer from 6.45 pm to 10.45 pm. Your main task is to create a nice atmosphere. The volunteer coordinator is present until 8.00 pm. After that, someone is always available by phone in case of an emergency.
This is what you will do:
- Supervise and ensure a nice atmosphere.
- Have a chat, play a game or organize fun activities. There is a lot of room for your own ideas.
- Open the door for guests and sign them off on the sleepers list.
- Informing guests about their rights and obligations in Utrecht and the Netherlands.
- Supervise and cooperate in keeping the property clean and addressing residents about this.
- Calling in help in case of calamities.
- Address residents in case of violation of house rules.
“It's nice to be there for others!”
Together, we make the difference
As a volunteer at the Tussenvoorziening, you improve the quality of life of the most vulnerable in society a little bit. You enter a new world, you hear new stories and meet people you would otherwise not meet. And, while doing so, you develop new qualities of yourself.
In addition, we offer you:
- Good guidance, with attention to safety.
- A permanent contact person and a team you can fall back on.
- Trainings and courses appropriate to the work and location.
- Work experience in social care.
- A friendly team, lots of humor and, if you feel like it, team drinks.